Kyrsten Announces Republicans for Sinema CoalitionOctober 15, 2018
Sinema for Arizona today announced the launch of Republicans for Sinema, a growing coalition of 57 registered Arizona Republicans who back Kyrsten in her campaign for U.S. Senate. These Arizona Republicans support Kyrsten because of her ability to cut through the partisan games to do what’s right for our state — especially on issues like protecting Arizonans’ health care and standing up for our veterans. Republicans for Sinema will help mobilize voters across the state in the countdown to Election Day.
Kyrsten issued the following statement:
“Arizonans don’t care if you have an ‘R’ or ‘D’ next to your name. We care about getting things done. My approach has always been to work across the aisle to solve problems and deliver results for Arizonans, and that’s what I’ll continue to do as U.S. Senator. Arizonans deserve a Senator who isn’t distracted by partisan games and who is focused on fighting for them. As Arizona’s next Senator, I’ll be an independent voice for all Arizonans.”
Hear from the co-chairs of Republicans for Sinema:
“Kyrsten is unlike anyone in elected office I know: Her character is beyond reproach, and her focus is unmatched. Her record proves it — in Congress and in the state legislature, she’s found ways to bring people together and move past partisan divides to pass common sense legislation that’s good for Arizona. From scoring countless wins for our veterans, to cutting red tape and allowing businesses to grow and hire, she knows how to get things done, and she’ll work with anyone and everyone to do it. People who work with Kyrsten know that if you want to get something done, you should ask Kyrsten. That’s why Arizona needs her as our next Senator — she’ll stay focused on getting things done at a time we desperately need that in Washington.”
— Max Fose, co-chair of Republicans for Sinema
“I’m supporting Kyrsten because she has a long record of working toward common sense solutions. She’s committed to doing what’s right, even if it means bucking her party. Kyrsten has a record of standing strong in Congress to improve our health care system rather than tearing it all down. Protecting Arizonans with pre-existing conditions is important and Martha McSally voted to roll back those protections. Arizona deserves an honest, principled Senator who is focused on getting things done for Arizona. That’s why I’m voting for Kyrsten.”
— Sue Gerard, co-chair of Republicans for Sinema
“I’ve worked with Kyrsten Sinema and I know firsthand: she fights for Arizonans and she gets results. During the Phoenix VA crisis, Kyrsten was a leader, fighting to hold the Phoenix VA accountable and bringing the community together to make sure veterans could get care. As a veteran myself, that means a lot. Martha McSally is all talk and no action. She said she had veterans’ backs, then voted against a bill to help veterans get student loan counseling. Arizonans deserve a doer, not a talker. That’s Kyrsten Sinema.”
— Rick Ireland, co-chair of Republicans for Sinema
Kyrsten’s work across the aisle includes:
- Working with Senator John McCain to protect $3.5 billion in funding for Arizona’s public schools;
- Helping pass the bipartisan VA Mission Act, which improves care for Arizona veterans;
- Helping lead both parties to block pay raises for Members of Congress;
- Helping pass the largest pay raise for our military in nearly a decade and working to ensure service members get the care and benefits they have earned;
- Passing a bipartisan law to protect Arizona families from criminals who steal children’s identities;
- Passing a bipartisan law to protect seniors from financial fraud and abuse;
- Leading members of both parties to delay the Health Insurance Tax, which would have raised health care costs on small businesses and led to cuts in health care for many small business employees;
- Passing a bipartisan law to cut red tape for Arizona startups;
- Helping pass a bipartisan bill to expand the critically important AMBER Alert system to tribal lands in Arizona and across the U.S; and
- Successfully leading a bipartisan effort to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act.
Learn more about Kyrsten’s commitment to fixing a broken Washington here.
Kyrsten Sinema Joins Univision for October 10th DebateOctober 10, 2018
Kyrsten Sinema will attend the Univision candidate debate tonight, adding to two previously accepted debates with Arizona news outlets. The Univision debate, which Congresswoman McSally declined to attend, will be broadcast in front of a live audience at 5pm.
Kyrsten is showing up on Wednesday evening to discuss the real issues facing Arizona families. Today she issued the following statement:
“There is so much at stake in this election for Arizona families, and voters deserve to hear directly from the candidates for U.S. Senate. These Arizona debates will ensure voters in every community hear about the issues that matter, from protecting Medicare and Social Security to the rising cost of health care to ensuring a quality education for every Arizona kid. I look forward to discussing these issues and I encourage Congresswoman McSally to step up to the plate as well.”
Kyrsten has accepted the following public, televised debates:
- Wednesday, October 10 in Phoenix. Hosted by Univision.
- Monday, October 15 in Phoenix. Hosted by Arizona PBS and The Arizona Republic.
- Tuesday, October 16 in Tucson. Hosted by Arizona Public Media.
Students for Sinema: Arizona Students Stand With KyrstenOctober 2, 2018
Sinema for Arizona today announced the launch of Students for Sinema, a coalition of Arizona students standing with Kyrsten in her campaign for the U.S. Senate. Kyrsten knows the power of education from her own life, and as a professor at ASU, Kyrsten hears from her students about rising costs of education and the challenges they face today. That’s why Kyrsten is fighting to make college and skills training more affordable, bring down the cost of student loans, and make quality education accessible for every Arizonan.
Kyrsten issued the following statement:
“I know from my own life that education is the key to opportunity. Every Arizona kid should have the same access to a good education that I did. I hear from my students about their struggles with student loan debt. These issues are personal for me, and I know that we can solve our challenges if we work together on finding solutions. I’m proud Arizona students are joining our campaign as we work to make education more affordable and accessible for all Arizonans who want to pursue their dreams.”
Kyrsten’s work to make sure all Arizonans have a quality education includes:
- Partnering with Senator McCain to protect $3.5 billion in school funding for Arizona;
- Voting to expand the Pell Grant program;
- Addressing skyrocketing student loan costs as one of the first bills Kyrsten introduced in Congress;
- Working across the aisle to invest in community colleges and support career and technical education;
- Fighting to ensure students have more time to learn and educators spend less time teaching to the test;
- Leading a bipartisan effort to better prepare Arizona teachers for demanding, high-needs classrooms; and
- Securing in-state tuition for veterans at Arizona colleges and universities.
Hear from the co-chairs of Students for Sinema:
“Kyrsten is the Senator we need, and not just because she’s a proud Sun Devil. Kyrsten will fight for us and our future, while Congresswoman McSally is more concerned with saying whatever she has to just to get elected. Young people need to get involved and do everything we can to elect Kyrsten to the U.S. Senate because there is so much at stake in this election. I’m excited to make sure students at ASU and across Arizona know how hard Kyrsten Sinema fights for Arizonans.”
— Jesse Avalos, Central Arizona Co-Chair & ASU Student
“Students in our state need to get engaged in this election because our future depends on it. Kyrsten Sinema knows what it’s like to work hard to achieve your dreams and struggle with student loans along the way because she has lived it herself. She’s gone through real struggles, and now she’s working to improve the system for all Arizonans. McSally, on the other hand, has proven she will say or do anything to get another job in Washington. That’s not the leader we need. That’s why—despite the fact that she’s a Sun Devil—U of A students are proud to stand with Kyrsten in this critical election.”
— Carlos Martinez, Southern Arizona Co-Chair & U of A Student
Arizona State Troopers Association Endorses KyrstenOctober 2, 2018
The Arizona State Troopers Association today endorsed Kyrsten Sinema in her campaign for the U.S. Senate, in recognition of her strong record of supporting law enforcement, cracking down on criminals, and keeping Arizona families safe.
“Kyrsten Sinema has been a constant supporter of the men and women of law enforcement. As an organization representing those who serve and protect, we know she will continue that support as a U.S. Senator. There are no doubts about her dedication to protect Arizona families and communities. She has a long record of being tough on crime, and we have always been able to count on Kyrsten to be a steadfast advocate for our troopers and the law enforcement community, doing whatever it takes to keep us and all Arizonans safe. We are proud to stand with Kyrsten Sinema in her campaign for U. S. Senate.”
– Jimmy Chavez,
President of the Arizona State Troopers Association
Kyrsten, whose brother is a police officer, has a strong record of working to make sure law enforcement has the tools they need to stay safe and protect our communities, including:
- Voting to protect law enforcement officers, including voting to create a new federal offense for people who target police officers;
- Voting to increase salaries and funding for the FBI, increase penalties on street gangs, and provide police officers with liability protection;
- Writing and helping pass laws to crack down on trafficking, including giving law enforcement stronger tools to crack down on domestic abusers and traffickers and increasing penalties for traffickers and child sex predators;
- Repeatedly voting to crack down on violent illegal immigrants, including voting for Kate’s Law and the Criminal Alien Gang Removal Act;
- Helping lead the bipartisan effort to strengthen the Violence Against Women Act to protect survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault;
- Helping pass laws to support the law enforcement community, including a law to increase grant funding to provide law enforcement officers with greater access to mental health treatment;
- Helping pass a law to increase funding for training programs for law enforcement working with individuals with mental illness; and
- Helping pass a law in the State Legislature to ensure products designed for use by law enforcement are safe.
Seniors for Sinema: New Coalition of Arizonans 65+ Stand with KyrstenSeptember 28, 2018
Sinema for Arizona today announced the launch of Seniors for Sinema, a coalition of older Arizonans who stand with Kyrsten in her campaign for the Senate. Arizona seniors support Kyrsten and are working in their communities to promote Kyrsten’s strong record of defending the health care, Medicare, and Social Security that Arizonans count on for a secure retirement.
Kyrsten issued this statement:
“After a lifetime of hard work, Arizonans deserve to retire with dignity. We must keep our promise to Arizona seniors. I’ll keep working to protect Medicare and Social Security, root out waste in the system, and make sure that seniors’ life savings are safe from financial fraud. Together we’re fighting to make sure Arizona’s seniors have a voice in the U.S. Senate.”
Kyrsten knows seniors count on the benefits they’ve earned over a lifetime of hard work. Unlike Congresswoman McSally, Kyrsten has voted against efforts to jeopardize Social Security and Medicare and raise the retirement age. Kyrsten worked across the aisle to:
- Root out waste, fraud, and abuse in the system to improve Medicare and Social Security;
- Oppose legislation that would lead to cuts to Medicare;
- Provide Social Security recipients with a cost of living adjustment;
- Ensure Medicare remains strong and dependable and protect Medicare Advantage;
- Tackle the opioid crisis by reducing over prescribing among Medicare recipients;
- And protect seniors’ hard earned savings from financial fraud and abuse through the Senior Safe Act.
Kyrsten has been endorsed by the Alliance for Retired Americans and the National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare.
Hear from the co-chairs of Seniors for Sinema:
“Kyrsten understands the challenges Arizona seniors are facing, and she’s focused on delivering results for our state. She has worked across the aisle to preserve and protect Medicare, Social Security, and health care access. Kyrsten also successfully helped pass the Senior Safe Act, which protects Arizona seniors from financial fraud. Meanwhile, Martha McSally caved to political pressure, expressing support for Social Security privatization and voting to raise the retirement age. Kyrsten’s leadership has been steadfast, and that’s why the choice is clear: Arizona seniors need Kyrsten Sinema as our next senator. I’m proud to let other Arizona seniors know the facts in this election.”
— Jack Lunsford, Seniors for Sinema Central Arizona Co-Chair
“I turn on the TV these days and all I see are negative ads from Martha McSally. Instead of the lies and political games, what I’m concerned about is who fights for me and my family. That’s why I’m proud to to stand with Kyrsten in her campaign: she is focused on the issues, like protecting Medicare and Social Security, improving our health care system, and fighting for Arizonans. Kyrsten is a strong advocate for Arizona seniors, and I know she’ll fight for us in the U.S. Senate.”
— Harriet Young, Seniors for Sinema Northern Arizona Co-Chair
“Martha McSally has failed Arizona seniors in Congress. While McSally was voting to turn Medicare into a voucher system and raise the retirement age for Social Security, Kyrsten Sinema was fighting for us. We depend on these benefits, and Kyrsten gets that. Kyrsten has worked across the aisle to protect and strengthen Medicare and Social Security. I know that she will be the Senator Arizona seniors can count on.”
— Tom McConnel, Seniors for Sinema Southern Arizona Co-Chair