Kyrsten Announces Republicans for Sinema Coalition
October 15, 2018
Sinema for Arizona today announced the launch of Republicans for Sinema, a growing coalition of 57 registered Arizona Republicans who back Kyrsten in her campaign for U.S. Senate. These Arizona Republicans support Kyrsten because of her ability to cut through the partisan games to do what’s right for our state — especially on issues like protecting Arizonans’ health care and standing up for our veterans. Republicans for Sinema will help mobilize voters across the state in the countdown to Election Day.
Kyrsten issued the following statement:
“Arizonans don’t care if you have an ‘R’ or ‘D’ next to your name. We care about getting things done. My approach has always been to work across the aisle to solve problems and deliver results for Arizonans, and that’s what I’ll continue to do as U.S. Senator. Arizonans deserve a Senator who isn’t distracted by partisan games and who is focused on fighting for them. As Arizona’s next Senator, I’ll be an independent voice for all Arizonans.”
Hear from the co-chairs of Republicans for Sinema:
“Kyrsten is unlike anyone in elected office I know: Her character is beyond reproach, and her focus is unmatched. Her record proves it — in Congress and in the state legislature, she’s found ways to bring people together and move past partisan divides to pass common sense legislation that’s good for Arizona. From scoring countless wins for our veterans, to cutting red tape and allowing businesses to grow and hire, she knows how to get things done, and she’ll work with anyone and everyone to do it. People who work with Kyrsten know that if you want to get something done, you should ask Kyrsten. That’s why Arizona needs her as our next Senator — she’ll stay focused on getting things done at a time we desperately need that in Washington.”
— Max Fose, co-chair of Republicans for Sinema
“I’m supporting Kyrsten because she has a long record of working toward common sense solutions. She’s committed to doing what’s right, even if it means bucking her party. Kyrsten has a record of standing strong in Congress to improve our health care system rather than tearing it all down. Protecting Arizonans with pre-existing conditions is important and Martha McSally voted to roll back those protections. Arizona deserves an honest, principled Senator who is focused on getting things done for Arizona. That’s why I’m voting for Kyrsten.”
— Sue Gerard, co-chair of Republicans for Sinema
“I’ve worked with Kyrsten Sinema and I know firsthand: she fights for Arizonans and she gets results. During the Phoenix VA crisis, Kyrsten was a leader, fighting to hold the Phoenix VA accountable and bringing the community together to make sure veterans could get care. As a veteran myself, that means a lot. Martha McSally is all talk and no action. She said she had veterans’ backs, then voted against a bill to help veterans get student loan counseling. Arizonans deserve a doer, not a talker. That’s Kyrsten Sinema.”
— Rick Ireland, co-chair of Republicans for Sinema
Kyrsten’s work across the aisle includes:
- Working with Senator John McCain to protect $3.5 billion in funding for Arizona’s public schools;
- Helping pass the bipartisan VA Mission Act, which improves care for Arizona veterans;
- Helping lead both parties to block pay raises for Members of Congress;
- Helping pass the largest pay raise for our military in nearly a decade and working to ensure service members get the care and benefits they have earned;
- Passing a bipartisan law to protect Arizona families from criminals who steal children’s identities;
- Passing a bipartisan law to protect seniors from financial fraud and abuse;
- Leading members of both parties to delay the Health Insurance Tax, which would have raised health care costs on small businesses and led to cuts in health care for many small business employees;
- Passing a bipartisan law to cut red tape for Arizona startups;
- Helping pass a bipartisan bill to expand the critically important AMBER Alert system to tribal lands in Arizona and across the U.S; and
- Successfully leading a bipartisan effort to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act.
Learn more about Kyrsten’s commitment to fixing a broken Washington here.